Faith Feeds|Glean KY
VISTA Position Description
Start date: November 2013
Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Position Summary: The Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for raising sufficient funds for the operations of the organization. The Coordinator prepares the fundraising plan and budget, obtains appropriate approvals and is responsible for executing the plan.
Major responsibilities and activities:
- Planning, developing, implementing and executing all aspects of fundraising for the organization.
- Personally solicit gifts and underwriting sponsorships from key donors.
- Recruit, train and assist volunteers who will aid fundraising efforts.
- Handle the publicity of the organization’s activities.
- Evaluate all events and prepare written reports detailing what was good, not good, what should be done differently, etc. for each element of the plan.
- Maintain an organized and accurate donor database and record management system that can generate reports for the Executive Director and Board.
- A passion for feeding the hungry.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Computer proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Superb organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Outgoing and friendly personality.
- Creative and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work independently and with volunteers, staff, donors and the general public.
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours including nights and weekends.
- A valid state driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record and reliable transportation.
The program is coordinated through the Carnegie Center for Literacy – http://carnegiecenterlex.org/vista/prospective-vista-members-how-to-apply/
Please send cover letter/resume to email@example.com
Learn more about Americorp VISTA program at http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista
Deadline is September 1, 2013