We are gearing up for our first full gleaning season in South Central Kentucky. Our calendar is already beginning to fill up with exciting tabling events and gleaning opportunities, but we need the help of our dedicated supporters to reach our full potential this year! Here are some ways you can connect with our work:
- Volunteer with us: We are excited to announce that we now have weekly volunteer opportunities in Bowling Green! Each Saturday afternoon moving forward, we will need volunteers to help glean produce at the Community Farmers Market. Volunteers can sign up through our gleaning calendar. As the warm months progress, we will add more volunteer opportunities in Warren and the surrounding counties – keep an eye out!
- Spread the word about our work: We need the public to know about our program in South Central Kentucky in order to build relationships with donors, produce recipients, and volunteers. Even if you live in another part of the state, you can help us grow our program here in South Central Kentucky. If you know someone who might have surplus produce to donate (such as a farmer, avid home gardener, farmers market manager, or grocery store owner) or a resident of Warren or the surrounding counties who might be interested in volunteering, help us connect with that person. Connections to media outlets or nonprofit organizations and service groups that have related missions are just as helpful.
- Attend our upcoming webinar about Food Waste and the Environment: Our South Central Kentucky team is hosting this event, which is free and open to the public, on April 21, 2021 at 6:00 pm CDT. This short webinar will explain some of the major connections between food waste and environmental degradation and climate change, which will help put the importance of our gleaning work in context. RSVP at this link and share our event on social media.
- Send us tips: Program development is challenging work that requires creative ideas and public engagement to be successful, so feel free to send us ideas for events, contacts, or strategies we should pursue.
- Sign up for our regional newsletter: Every month, we send out a newsletter specifically tailored for South Central Kentucky. Sign up here to stay in the loop about volunteer opportunities, events, and stories from the region.
- Share information on social media: The easiest way to support our work is to like and share our posts on social media. You never know who might see the posts and be inspired to join us.
We are so grateful for the backing of all of our supporters throughout the Commonwealth and beyond. We wouldn’t be able to do our work without your help! Send your ideas, suggestions, and questions regarding our program in South Central Kentucky to firstname.lastname@example.org.